Friday, August 1, 2014

Poker

I wrote this to a friend tonight
It's just blurbed out
I opened it with this song

I lost to a guy tonight
I had AQ
He had pocket aces
It sucked
It sucked for many reasons
I hate losing
The dude I lost to
Lost his house during Ike
He rebuilt it himself
He had a good luck charm
Something he dug out of the rubble
It was his grandpa's

That's nice
But I hate losing
Nothing good about losing

He wore a cowboy hat
Beat me in San Leon
At Caspers

After I lost
The bartender gave me a paper towel
I drew a swordfish
That was mounted on the wall
While waiting for Jon
I think it was the right move
Betting it all on the Ace Queen
Had I not
I think I'd just bled on the last table
I don't like losing
Poker seems like a game you lose a lot to
But that is just me saying it was the odds that beat me

I hate losing
And will wonder about it
Because if I'd played conservative
I'd been on the last table
Short stacked

And I didn't want to do that again
So I went out in flames
But trying
It sucks to lose

No comments:

Post a Comment