Saturday, March 8, 2014

Dave Passed Away

I was making a treasure box for Nathan's 8th birthday party - that's tomorrow.

Jeff dropped in.  He told me that Dave died.  I went to the house.  Dave was dead in his bed.  I had never met him.  He looked like a cool dude.  Sally was crying.  Hospice was there.  JaKayla was texting on the pool table.  Jeff would joke then trail off into stories like the one where his parents disowned him.

It was serious.  But it wasn't.  But it was.

Sally and Dave's daughter died in 2008. She was Jeff's wife.

Very broke.  Jobless.

A friend came in a Crown Victoria.  He told me about his son who has Leukaemia.

They really wanted to talk to me.  I came home at 2:00a.m.  Jeff told JaKayla to get her fat ass off the pool table and give me a hug.  Heston wanted to talk about his son.

A mix of sadness and weirdness.  Jeff says they won't have the money for rent.  Just a mess.  Dave looked like somebody I would have enjoyed talking to.

Respect.  Dignity.  I hope I offered that.

No comments:

Post a Comment