Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Sabbath during Lent

I wanted to post this as a comment to Amy's post, but I was having difficulty...

Amy, while navigating to the "Real Fast of Lent" link that you provided, I had a sabbath moment in the middle of lent. Traveling for the past few weeks has been a massive hassle and has put me under more stress than when I was looking for a contract (that's a lot). It wasn't anything epic...it was just the music that was playing as part of the site.

It just allowed me to stop. I worked on uncurling my fingers from the things that I thought I was in control of and stopped gritting my teeth.

Control is one of my big rocks. I need a hammer to bust it up into little pieces. I have been struggling w/ this for a while and thought I had a handle on it, but it looks like I still have a long way to go.

Exacerbating the whole issue is not being home w/ Amy, Xander, & Aubree. I'm not there. Enough said.

These are my big rocks and, as we are going through the season of letting go, I need help doing that.

And while I'm here, to reiterate what I said last Thursday night...I'm happy that Patrick and Melissa are taking a step back...to fight against their decision would not be in the spirit of what we are learning during lent...letting go...fighting for someone to grow in spirit and encouraging them to do what they feel God wants them to do can be complimentary and contradicting at the same time...we are not in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment