Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Chubby Bunnies

After the sermon my kids got the idea that kids rule and they wanted "More More More!"... so on the way home from the Easter service Kaley says, for the umpteenth time, "Let's buy peeps and do 'Chubby Bunny'!"

She had me cornered.  How could I say no?  Stuffing your mouth full of peeps until you can no longer say, "Chubby Bunny" - how could I take the fun away - deny the request?

She knew the timing was right.  It tied in with fun, kids, giddy new life - church.  Jesus would have done 'Chubby Bunny'.  Deny Chubby Bunny and you have denied Me.

I thought, "There's something to say about stained glass, holiness and crotchety middle-aged people that have to do all the work while the kids and senile old people have all the fun.  It's time for some locusts, a hot sun, the desert, dirty feet, sweat, parched mouth, ragged clothes and scorpions."

No comments:

Post a Comment