Thursday, April 25, 2013

Fire!!!

When I got home from Da Funk
The next door neighbor was walking his dog
What's up?
Then the other next door neighbor popped out

Storming

He started hollering
There's an effin fight
In my house

I said
What's wrong
Do you need help?

It's because of you
It's because of you!
And your effin

Fires!!!

The cussing got worse
The words were very non affirming
I thought he might hit me
There's already been one fight

He was in a rage

My love language
Would be fires

The fire was honestly small
But the north wind did carry ashes
I hadn't realized it
Until it was too late

Today, I bought them a car wash card
And Kim threw in a candle as an extra gift
He brought the gift back

After he left
My dog walking neighbor
Looked at me
Wide eyed
He was holding a big black flashlight
Said he was ready to swing it

I thought
Next fire
I don't want to be here
I'll go to John's

I thought about placing the returned candle
In the place where the fire was
Let it twinkle all night
But that'd be cunning
That'd be war in the guise of peace

The last thing he said was - Grow Up

I think I do have some growing up to do
I'll take that as a word of correction
I'll finish my Non-Disclosure Agreement tonight

I don't like living next to an angry person
He told me not one week ago
That I could build fires
That it was okay

He thought it was a bonfire
It wasn't
The ashes just got channeled

I wish this wouldn't have happened

I wanted to make ribs for my father in law
But that would constitute making a fire
I don't like being in the backyard
I am very happy in my "man cave"

Chopping wood

1 comment: