Sunday, June 9, 2013

Closed?

I'd like to paint like this one day.  I'd like to build a boat.  I'd like to lay wood plank on the ceiling of "the man cave".  I'd like to feel refreshed and offer refreshment.  I'd like to work on this place and make it a place for people to enjoy each other's company.   I'd like to find good routine.  Live joyfully sober.  Find center.  Learn.  Read.  Share ideas.  I'd like this to be a place of comfort and rest.

I worry that this is closing myself off because I don't see myself going out too much or diving in to help outside.  I like being here.  I don't think I would mind if the only "getting out" was on the bay.  If that were my calling, I think I'd sign up for it.  Would this be an acceptable way of living, an acceptable way to be part of my church community?

No comments:

Post a Comment