Friday, June 14, 2013

Superman

Last night, Kaley and I went to the opening-day show of "Superman" with Jon and Durbin.  WOW! - I got to sleep after 3:00a.m.  I will survive!

I liked the show okay.  I am not a fan of bowel crunching explosions although any kidney stones or gall stones which I may have had have been pummeled into small passable manageable fragments.  Thank you, XD!

My mind was not adrift the entire movie, but for the record, I found myself daydreaming about the odd collection of junk parts I have recently obtained.  I saw the flywheel on the front of the pit.  The radiator on the other side.  I woke up thinking about the flywheel being attached to an axle for spinning roasting chickens.  That seemed silly in the face of this movie with all the creative computerized contraptions.

I also thought about Nietzsche's "superman".  I tried to recall what that "superman" was.  I read some here this morning.  There are aspects of this philosophy that I believe in.  In one conversation with Jon, I told him that I wonder if it were the power of Constantine which made a locomotive out of Christianity - that we are simply on the train.  I hope not.

I read some quotes of Nietzsche.  Here's a few:
Fear is the mother of morality.
A good writer possesses not only his own spirit but also the spirit of his friends.
The Christian resolution to find the world ugly and bad has made the world ugly and bad.

In music the passions enjoy themselves.
After coming into contact with a religious man I always feel I must wash my hands.
There are no facts, only interpretations.

He who has a why to live can bear almost any how.

Without music, life would be a mistake.
And the last quote for me today... as I try to work on fumes!
That which does not kill us makes us stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment