Saturday, June 8, 2013

Inbox

It's 3:20am.  Just back from gigging with Jon.  In the driveway, in the middle of the night, surrounded by gum wrappers, I saw the keys to the car.  Next to that was a box of fingernail polish.  Next to that, speakers for a phone.  All that just laying on the driveway.  I told Jon, "This looks like full-on teenagers."  Down the sidewalk, I found Kaley's shoes.  Dropping inside the house, I found all the lights on.  While checking my inbox, next to ice cream on the table,  I had one message with the subject line "Redbud Youth".  Here's the message:

 Vetter,

I helped Caleb get a PA system/mixer and mic for the band. As I'm typing, Kaley is singing "Everlong" while Caleb plays the tune. It's freakin' me out that its so awesome.

Holy crap!

Just wanted to share that...


Backing up.  Went to Boliver with Jon.  Took the ferry.  Think that maybe we found a nice spot for flounder.  Tonight it was murky.  Not even a chance.  I am hoping that it was the rain that murked it all.  Took off roads in tall grass to mosquito infested quicksand spot where ship shined big ass light on us.  Stuck hillbilly grass in side of my mouth and did the deliverance banjo thing.  Thought about the church group's bluegrass invite.  Jon bought junk food.  On way back, Homeland Security inspected our car.  In Galvetraz we explained to an inebriated zombie that the road he was looking for was about 10 feet away.  Gave donuts to a guy.  Car overheated!  I popped the geyser.  Gigged for the radiator cap.  Had one zombie hiss.  Another zombie cussed out an Indian dude for hiding his restroom and then went and pissed on the store.   I coined my gig with light - the Gig'o'light.  My rambling brain didn't scare Jon that I know of.  We had a good discussion.  I feel so bad sometimes that I am cluefully cluelessly cluefull.  I annoy myself.  Jon is on a similar wavelength, something, but nothing, something.

Jon asked if I was going to the bluegrass deal tomorrow.  I'm not sure.  I told Jon that lots of people overwhelm me.

It's 4:02 a.m.  I drifted off to sleep.  I had one more thought...  It won't come back to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment