Thursday, August 29, 2013

Quiet

The crash of the FLIP-FLOP of my flip flops has returned to normal.  Things are much more quiet.  Last night I went over to the neighbors.  First time in many a moon that I haven't drank while hanging out.  One thing I noticed - they drink slow.  Lollo didn't even finish his beer.  How could he talk for an hour and have one beer sitting beside him and a half beer in his hand?  We talked and I wasn't a bore, although Myles had me listen to System Of The Down where this guy says, "I got better." - the point being that he is boring. Here is the part:

I sit, in my desolate room, no lights, no music,
Just anger,
I've killed everyone,
I'm away forever, but I'm feeling better, 

Lollo mentioned his art cousin who does crappy work while sober, but "good shit" when he's all effed up.

There are Labor Day parties this weekend.  I'm not unnerved by them.  My plan is to drink O'Douls and paint.  I want to coexist with my neighbors.  I don't want to blame them for what I do or cut them off for what they do.  It'll be challenging this weekend, but maybe not.  I had no red flags or compulsions last night.

I really want to turn my attention to portraiture.  I plan on practicing today from a Time photograph of the muslim girl.  I love the photograph.

I'm very thankful to Jon for befriending me and to his and my surprise introducing me to AA.  I haven't decided what I'm going to do.  It has been eye opening.  I'm on page 145 or so.  It was perfect timing for all this to happen.  I'm thankful.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds great. Hope you get some more peace during the festivities this weekend. I'll be sitting on a porch in Rockport watching a peacock and feeling the wind blow. I'll be ready to hear if you're ready to rodeo when I get back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is this, the bunny slopes?

    ReplyDelete