Tuesday, August 27, 2013

R.E.M

Just woke to strange dreams.  Snips and Chips (and not all of it):

I found a large fish, probably 5 foot (I wouldn't exaggerate a fish from a dream, would I?), on a dock.  I think I had caught it bare handed (seriously!  I can do that in my dreams!) because I remember watching it circling in a pool feeding on bait fish.  Somehow I caught it, forgot I caught it and found it.  The fish was still alive.  I walked with it to Larry.  Larry was sitting with his catch - a bunch of fish were behind him and laying around him.  Larry didn't blink when I showed him the fish.  I asked him what kind it was. He mumbled something which made me think it wasn't that extraordinary of a fish.  I took the fish back to the water and let it go.  The fish bolted across to the other side and then bolted back.  It slowed and surfaced.  His black eyes met mine.  He was showing thanks.  Then he dove back under.

I found myself in a two story rickety store owned by an old Chinese woman.  I met a guy.  He opened his mouth.  He had two pills that he was sucking on.  He said, "Want some?"  Here, take a couple.  I asked, "What are they?"  He told me that he didn't know, but they'd eff me up.  I set them down under something.

Next, I was at an art exhibit.  It was an "installation".  I was blown away by one piece.  I thought about how I wish I could create something like this artist had.  I was convinced I couldn't.

Next thing, I was with this guy at a Texan's game.  It was in a kid's theatre.  The game began with a children's theater production.  The only play I remember in the game was Matt Shaub rolling and rolling and rolling to get a touchdown.  He rolled some 10 yards.  He was rolling over people.

I ended up with a group of young adults.  We were at a table.  I was trying to tell the story of the fish.  I couldn't get a sentence out before somebody would interrupt.  The story was obviously boring but I was determined to finish it.  Part of me was mad that they didn't have the attention span to hear it, the other was that I thought it was a good story and worth hearing.

I must have left that place with one of the girls.  I found myself driving.  Somehow, we were in separate cars but also together in mine.  We had stopped on a hill.  My brakes gave out and I began to roll backwards.  We were linked, so she went with me.  Somehow I began pressing my brakes and hers.  I frantically steered the cars going backwards down the hill.  We must have been in San Francisco.

I popped back out of that into the old store owned by the Chinese woman.  I went looking for the two pills I had hidden.  I found them.  I looked over the writing on the tablets but didn't know what they were for.  Trying to resist, I nibbled on one.  Since I didn't know how it would affect me, I wished for tripping.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think this is due to catching up on some R.E.M.  One thing about getting stoned is that I wasn't able to take back the thoughts I thought were creative.  Also, I couldn't create anything worthwhile while high.  Last night's dreams were more vivid and more trippy than any pot could take me.  Good ole sleep.  Amazing!

I feel like I woke to a new day.  The house seemed quieter.  The weed eater that I just heard wasn't a hornet's nest in my ear.  The squeaks of the brakes on the trash truck weren't scrapes on a chalkboard.

Compared to yesterday, I am on a Caribbean island sipping... uhhh... tea, I guess.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS: I was told that if I do this one portrait for my sister's boss that she'd give me tickets to a Texan's game.  Hmmmm.... I wonder if that deal is still good.  I wonder if I'd do it.  I wonder.  Buh buh buh buhhhhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment