Thursday, July 11, 2013

Beach

The song was by
Grand Funk Railroad
I'm Your Captain

It came on when I pulled up on the beach
I got my first decent wave in years
I surfed until sunset

After that, there were my cousins
I didn't know they were there
They were right there on the beach
In a beach house
Deer sausage
Crab flag
Laughs
Stories about my Po Po

I took the family there the next day

Kovi and I hunted in the surf with a light
After catching bait fish, I got a crab
Suddenly, Kovi saw sand crabs
Crawling like spiders
Everywhere!

We got home late
I left my surfboard there
I wanted to force myself
To go one more day

I did

Another sunset
More laughs
I had them laughing
They had me laughing
So many stories

I can't do this all the time
I'd die
But I got invited to go down next week
To spend time with Jane's family

I will go




No comments:

Post a Comment