Monday, July 8, 2013

Benedictine II

Continuing the blog post (Benedictine?)...

From the Benedictine wikipedia page:
Chapter 1 defines four kinds of monks:

(1) Cenobites, those "in a monastery, where they serve under a rule and an abbot"; 
(2) Anchorites, or hermits, who, after long successful training in a monastery, are now coping single-handedly, with only God for their help; 
(3) Sarabaites, living by twos and threes together or even alone, with no experience, rule and superior, and thus a law unto themselves; and 
(4) Gyrovagues, wandering from one monastery to another, slaves to their own wills and appetites.

Gyrovagues, literally translated, are Circular Wanderers.  I have called this community "The Redbud Circulars".  We have been known to wander from house to house in circles and slavishly stuff eats and drinks in our bellies until all hours of the night.

I think if I were to open our house up as a place for Ecclessians to join, I'd like to do it under the auspices of Ecclessia.  Actually, Ecclessia might not want anything to do with this mess.  Why, oh why, did I semi-join Ecclessia?

<i wrote that last night... and will continue this morning... deleting most of what I wrote>

Gyrovagues - Vaguely Circular.  Almost square.

When I talk,  I'll say things I mean and don't mean in turretic bursts.  I'm painting a messy picture sometimes that represents something inside that may be temporary or may be something I'm working through.  It may also be what I really think and I just can't say it right, but I go about it anyway.  Later, I'll sit back and replay. I sometimes cringe.  I was cringing this morning.

I think I'm better when it comes to writing.  Still, even when writing, I do the same, though the vomit isn't as projectile.

Guess it's time to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment