Saturday, May 25, 2013

Flounder Gigging

This is a painting by Paul Klee.  I like it.

Jon took me gigging for the first time in my life.  It was really good timing for the trip.

Two spoonbills greeted us there.  My company is called Spoonbill.  Cool seeing them.

Surprisingly, there were no flounder.  Perfect conditions, except for a few million mosquitoes.  I have no whelps to speak of, so okay there.

I'm a happy camper :-)  Maybe annoyingly happy :/  Oh well... I learned the flounder walk. S-l-o-w and Q-u-i-e-t.  Feet slide through the water.

How about an ASCII flounder and a jelly fish.
                        
 ~~~~~~~~o~~~~~~~~
           *      
          *       00
                  \\\\   
                                          
        *    
   >|||:>    

It's late.  I'm delirious. Going to read "Simply Jesus" by NT Wright.

3 comments:

  1. Jon, I understand, I think, the Soundgarden thing. It's funny. You will laugh when you know. I came up with what I think is the -only- possible explanation. I have backup evidence to boot.

    Gig'em

    ReplyDelete
  2. when did you wake up? i woke at 3:00. I felt like I was dying on the inside and my world was falling apart.

    Then I drank my coffee and had my "morning" meditation. Life is good again.

    Had a great time last night despite the absence of flounder and abundance of mosquitos. I'd be surprised if you'd want to again, but I won't speak for you. Have a great day with your community!! See ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. I woke up at 9:00am. I felt great.

    I holed up away from my community. I'm still mad about the Soundgarden deal. My -only- possible explanation ended up not working. I missed the bbq social yesterday. Going to miss the chili cookoff; however, Kim and I are still going to try the recipe.

    I was thinking it'd be fun to try standup paddle boards for gigging. I don't know if people do that, but I bet they do.

    I'm ready to go again. The bay and walking was good for me.

    ReplyDelete